Ankle ligament repair needed what happens during the surgery?

Different options. Most ankle ligament surgery involves either tightening up existing ligaments if they are in satisfactory condition (modified brostrum) or using a portion of a tendon to replace the deficient ligaments (anatomic free tendon reconstruction). "non anatomic reconstructions" have fallen out of favor.
Depends. This depends on what the surgeon has planned based on your case. This could be simple re-opposition of the torn or lax structures or it could be as complex as rerouting one of your native tendons for recreation of the ligamentous structure or use of a donor tendon/ligament/tissue to recreate them. Talk to your surgeon for more detailed and specific info to your case.