I want someone to get tested for ADHD what kind of doctor would be able to diagnose and what kind to treat this condition?

Dr. Thomas Steele
In brief: History, not tests
Diagnosis: history (ideally from the patient, parents, and teachers).
Some tests of attention and concentration may help confirm the diagnosis. Some say certain brain tests (e.g., spect scans) help, but this is controversial. Pediatricians diagnose children with adhd; psychiatrists and psychologists also make the diagnosis. Per another respondent, adhd symptoms can have many causes.

In brief: History, not tests
Dr. Thomas Steele
Dr. Thomas Steele
Dr. David Hoffman
Clinical Psychology
In brief: To clarify
ADHD is treated by a combination of medication and therapy.
For children the medications would need to be prescribed by a Pediatrician or Psychiatrist, Nurse Pract. For adults PCP or Psychiatrist or Psych Nurse Pract. Therapy can be done by the MD/NP or a psychologist or other licensed mental health professional who specializes in ADHD. In my practice I also recommend ADHD coaching.

In brief: To clarify
Dr. David Hoffman
Dr. David Hoffman
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice
In brief: No real test
There is no objective test for adhd.
The diagnosis is made from a checklist of symptoms. But i find that those same symptoms could be caused from learning problems, nutritional deficiencies, diet or allergies.

In brief: No real test
There is no objective test for adhd.
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block