I have 5 thyroid nodules, one is 3 CM and ultrasound said micro calcification. I am going to endo doc next week but i can't eat, sleep, am having panic attacks. Any words of encouragement to help me?

Dr. David Sneid
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Take some

Deep breaths and relax.
You definitely need a biopsy. Even if it is positive, the survival from thyroid cancer is very high, particularly when diagnosed early and treated properly.

In brief: Take some

Deep breaths and relax.
Dr. Todd Sontag

In brief: Thyroid nodules

Most calcifications and thyroid nodules are benign and nothin to worry about.

In brief: Thyroid nodules

Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
You may be interested in this article: http://www.news-medical.net/news/20130827/Thyroid-ultrasound-imaging-may-identify-patients-with-low-risk-of-cancer-can-help-postpone-biopsy.aspx Actually, microcalcifications were found to be a significant risk factor for thyroid cancer, as were size over 2 cm and solid nodule.
Dr. Jack Hinkle