I had hip arthroscopy & full debridement 3 weeks ago . In the last 24 hrs I've had inceased pain & dull ache in my calf muscle should I be concerned?

Dr. David Brouwer

It is concerning that you are having one-sided calf pain 3 weeks after an orthopedic procedure.
You should see your doctor today for an exam and possibly an ultrasound of the leg to evaluate for a deep vein thrombosis (dvt).

Dr. David Brouwer
Dr. David Brouwer
Dr. Darren Corteen
Orthopedic Surgery

Any calf pain or swelling after should be taken seriously and raises concern about the possibility of a blood clot (deep venous thrombosis).
This should be evaluated by a qualified medical professional and may require ultrasound of extremity in question to exclude the possibility of a clot. Can be potentially dangerous if the clot migrates to the lung (pulmonary embolus).

Dr. Darren Corteen
Dr. Darren Corteen
Dr. James Flanagan
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Calf pain

Calf pain associated with calf swelling can be signs of post operative deep vein thrombosis.
You should see your doctor or surgeon to see if you need diagnostic studies for this possible problem.

In brief: Calf pain

Dr. James Flanagan
Dr. James Flanagan
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care