Can a woman have a groin hernia, with no visible bulge?

Yes. Sometimes small hernias can be present with a visible bulge. Obesity can also hide a bulge. Ultrasound or ct scan, and even operation are sometimes necessary to make the diagnosis.
YES. Anyone can have a groin hernia without a bulge. The bulge is caused by the tissues coming through the hernia or defect in the wall. If the hernia is small it may not have a bulge at all. Some hernias are difficult to feel and require an ultrasound or ct scan to diagnose. Best to be evaluated by a surgeon ( someone who sees lots of hernias ) for acurate diagnosis.