Had unprotected sex. Partner said they were clean but got cold symptoms and sore throat the day after. Taking sudafed. Signs of std?

Not necessarily but. There can be also be silent std's. A person is likely to be more successful in obtaining sex from another if they say they are "clean" how many people would consent to sex if the other person said "oh, by the way, I have a combination of gonorrhea & chlamydia."? I would encourage you to get std testing & to use protection consistently. Take care.
STDs. There is absolutely no std that would be symptomatic that soon after exposure. And, there is no std that presents with a cold and sore throat. I use these questions to remind sexually active adults that they should know the twelve common stds, how to prevent, or vaccinate for them and what they are like so that you know when to go for testing.