Had unprotected sex. Partner said they were clean but got cold symptoms and sore throat the day after. Taking sudafed. Signs of std?

In brief: Not necessarily but

There can be also be silent std's.
A person is likely to be more successful in obtaining sex from another if they say they are "clean" how many people would consent to sex if the other person said "oh, by the way, I have a combination of gonorrhea & chlamydia."? I would encourage you to get std testing & to use protection consistently. Take care.

In brief: Not necessarily but

There can be also be silent std's.
2 comments
Dr. Robert Killian
I agree and appreciate that Dr. Fowler brought up the very offensive term "I am Clean". She is absolutely right. I know of no person who really knows their status for all twelve common STDs. Most don't even know what the word clean means when you start asking them about these common but often forgotten infections.
Thanks Dr. Killian.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: STDs

There is absolutely no std that would be symptomatic that soon after exposure.
And, there is no std that presents with a cold and sore throat. I use these questions to remind sexually active adults that they should know the twelve common stds, how to prevent, or vaccinate for them and what they are like so that you know when to go for testing.

In brief: STDs

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Andrew Kim

In brief: No

No.

In brief: No

No.
Dr. Andrew Kim
Dr. Andrew Kim
Dr. Jane Van Dis