What sort of special program or training does a nurse have to get to be certified on botox injections?

Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Physician Oversight
Nurse practitioners and pa may be allowed to do injections under direct supervision of a physician.
Varies from state to state. Usually taught as a preceptorship during which the trainee watches, then performs injections as directed, then injects under supervision of licensed practitioner qualified to do those types of injections.

In brief: Physician Oversight
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Mike Bowman
Regardless of your injector (but especially if it is a nurse), be sure to ask about their experience to ensure a good result.
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Vary's by state
I believe that each state is different.
Check with your local medical society or state medical board. In california, you have to be at least an rn to do it and then under the supervision of an md.

In brief: Vary's by state
I believe that each state is different.
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Depends
The requirements vary state to state.
It is not allowed in my home of alabama, for example. Regardless of your location and the identity of the injector (nurse or physician), don't be afraid to ask about the qualifications and experience of your injector.

In brief: Depends
The requirements vary state to state.
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Botox training
Aesthetic medical educators training (amet) offers specialized aesthetic training to medical professionals in the areas of botox® / dermal filler, sclerotherapy, microdermabrasion/chemical peels, advanced botox/dermal filler, sensible weight loss and marketing your aesthetic practice.

In brief: Botox training
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Why?
Why would you have a non MD inject? Cost? If cost is a major factor, find the lowest cost dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon near you.

In brief: Why?
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Hashim Alani
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Botox training
In my office I do most if not all the Botox injections.
My nurse will sometimes do his friends but still under my supervision.

In brief: Botox training
Dr. Hashim Alani
Dr. Hashim Alani