In addition to dandruff shampoo, what else helps dry, itchy scalp? Hydrocortisone? Olive oil?

Dry scalp. If your scalp is dry and itchy it is always possible that your shampoo is the cause. Some of the components in all shampoos can cause an allergic or irritant contact dermatitis. Topical steroids can help with the itch and any inflammation but treating the cause is the critical thing to do.
Itchy scalp - rash? It is important to know the physical appearance, i.e. Just itching/dryness or any associated rash. Check your current shampoo (to make sure it is not making you worse). Ensure optimal indoor humidity (around 40%). Use a moisturizing shampoo. Consider using non-irritating essential oils such as chamomile or sandalwood. Use luke-warm (not hot) water for bathing. See an allergist or dermatologist!