If I start nursing right away, when will my period come back?

In brief: No
No, it is not possible to predict when a breastfeeding woman's periods will return.
Mostly likely, it will be a few months. Also, continuing to breastfeed may delay the return of periods even longer. Remember, a woman can get pregnant on the first ovulation after delivery, and then deliver her next baby, without ever getting a period between the first and second babies!

In brief: No
Dr. Kevin Windisch
You may resume normal menstruation immediately or it may be delayed during the entire time you nurse.

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Adam Levy