How long should you work out every day after tummy tuck?

Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Gradual return best

Exercise is typically started gradually after the first couple of weeks (for abdominal exercises).
Walking, exercycle, and upper extremity lifting can begin in a bout 7-10 days. Best to gradually exert and not overdo. Tummy tuck will make most patients tire quickly, so not over-pushing exercise is usually recommended. Follow the instructions of your physician.

In brief: Gradual return best

Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. David Levens
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Gradual recovery

It is important to resume activities as soon as possible after surgery to help with your recovery both physically and emotionally, but of course you need to protect the tightened muscle and skin.
Typically walking around as tolerated right away but not fully upright, driving at 1 week, back to work at 10-14 days. No abdominal exercises for 6 weeks, but light exercising within 2-3 weeks.

In brief: Gradual recovery

Dr. David Levens
Dr. David Levens
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It's up to you

I allow patients unrestricted activities after six weeks from the date of surgery.
The duration of their workouts is up to the patient. However, most people are very motivated to maintain the results they've invested so much time and money in at that point.

In brief: It's up to you

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not until OK'd

You shouldn't work out at all after a tummy tuck until your doctor has cleared you for activity.
Then depending upon how much surgery you had and how your healing is progressing, your doctor will guide you toward working out again. Take a little rest after surgery. You'll heal better that way. :).

In brief: Not until OK'd

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Quality not quantity

I am a big fan of core strengthening exercises following abdominoplasty.
The amount of time spent is less important than the quality and consistency of the workouts. Although extremes may produce dramatic results i.e., p90x, I do not fell that the average individual can, so twin the intensity of these workouts over the long term and may inflict undue stress on the body and joints.

In brief: Quality not quantity

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik