How much does a labiaplasty require in terms of recuperation?

Not much. Obvoiusly, you will be sore for several days but will be given pain pills to take. Sitz baths will also help. Because of the nature of the operation, most surgeons Prohibit their patients from engaging in intercourse for 4-6 weeks or so.
Rest the area postop. You have to keep the vaginal area clean after surgery, and I have my patients apply antibiotic ointment. There should be abstinence from sexual activity and from heavy exertion for 6 weeks.
4-6 weeks. With proper technique labioplasty is a well tolerated procedure. If done alone discomfort usually is minimal. Patients will feel and look healed within 2 weeks. However because this is a delicate surgery using tiny sutures, patients have to be very careful for at least 6 weeks. There are special garments that help protect the area. You should be able to return to work within 3-4 days.
Not much. Here in miami we are using a new technique intraop for anesthesia and the results are amazing-- 72 hours of less-pain postop -- many patients report 'zero pain' and are not taking any pain pills. In the past, most patients reported significant pain for 3 days after the surgery.
Varies. If you just have external lip surgery, it is usually a week or two of minor discomfort when walking (related to how much swelling you develop.) sexual intercourse is off the table for a month or so and vigorous workouts are curtailed for the first few weeks depending upon how everything is healing.
Few days but 8 weeks. Most patients return to normal desk jobs within 5 days and many sooner. However unrestricted sexual activity and physical exertion is generally deferred for 8 weeks.
Recuperation. I suggest patient keep ice packs on as much as possible for the first couple of days. After that, if swelling is minimal, they can resume light activity for the next 4 to 6 weeks. Pain is usually mild to moderat and pain medication may be required for the firs week. Labiaplasty may be performed under general anesthesia, i've sedation, or under local anesthesia.
Labiaplasty post op. Labiaplasty can easily be performed under twilight IV anesthesia and the procedure only takes a little over an hour. You should not have to take more than a few days off from work. However, ask your plastic surgeon about his guidelines for exercise and other activities.