How much fiber is needed if I have high cholesterol and diabetes?

Dr. Maureen Mays
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: 30 g/cay

Optimal fiber intake for an adult (with an otherwise healthy diet) is 25-30 g per day.
I suggest everyone count their daily fiber for one week and adjust as needed to get up to goal. Repeat the week of daily counting ever year or so to make sure you're not slipping down, which is easy to do in a busy lifestyle.

In brief: 30 g/cay

Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Doug Hansen

In brief: 30 to 40 grams daily

Fiber is beneficial in both decreasing dietary cholesterol absorption and improving glucose metabolism. Search for food sources with a significant amount of soluble fiber for the most benefit.

In brief: 30 to 40 grams daily

Dr. Doug Hansen
Dr. Doug Hansen
Dr. Umesh Patel