Can canestan oral antifungal pill cure oral thrush on tongue?

Not a good choice. Even though canestan is an antifungal, it would not be the drug of choice for oral thrush. If you have thrush-like symptoms on your tongue, you should see your dentist or physician, because there are several different medications used to treat this yeast-like fungus, depending on the severity of the thrush, your own health, and your immune strength. It would not be wise to treat this yourself.
Yes it can. It might not cure totally, but yes it can. Be sure and let your physician or dentist follow your progress in controlling oral thrush with this medication.