Can I get over gout if I go completely with no red meat and booze?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Unlikely
Gout is related to having too high a level of uric acid in the blood.
This leads to the formation and precipitation of sodium urate crystals. These are the gout crystals that precipitate in the joints and cause gout attacks. Meat and alcohol can be big contributers but the basic problem in gout is that the body is unable to remove the normal level of uric acid the the uric acid builds up.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Dietary Triggers
Also remember legumes, i.
e., beans, shellfish and seafood, certain cheeses, game meats, and there may be a few more. All foods in moderation may help. Cherry juice reduces attacks.

In brief: Dietary Triggers
Also remember legumes, i.
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Dr. Arnon Rubin