Can dry mouth cause bumps on gums?

Not likely. Dry mouth will cause redness in the oral mucosa due to the dry mucosal surface rubbing during speech or mouth movement. Dry mouth also causes glossy look on the gum due to inflammation. Dry mouth causes bad breath due to reduction of saliva quantity and quality, thus causing increase in pathological bacteria and incidences of caries. Secondary to these causes, abscess may be formed and drained.
Yes. Xerostomia (dry mouth), makes the oral mucosa more vulnerable to frictional damage as the lubricating function of saliva is lost, and mucosal atrophy (thinning) which makes a breach of the epithelium more likely, causing bumps or ulcers. Recommend biotene mouthwash twice daily after brushing. Also oasis oral spray, which can be focused on gums. See your dentist for more help!