History of high cholesterol (like sibs). Eat light, little meat. Gp stopped Zetia (ezetimibe) and prescribed red yeast. Is that ok for active, sharp 95yo woman?

My opinion. There is a paucity of data to support taking red yeast although lowering cholesterol is a reported use. The real question is whether a 95 yo woman should be on anything for cholesterol. Imo, if you have hx of heart attack, stent or bypass, it's reasonable to stabilize plaque. If not, I wouldn't use it. (ie there's no indication for primary prevention in this age group).