I had surgery about 5 months ago for plica removal but most recently my knee has been locking up and a lot of instability. I recently had a new MRI and?

Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Depends

Locking up and instability may indicate a meniscus or ligament injury.
You may have a new problem, and your new MRI in addition to your symptoms and physical exam will help your orthopaedic surgeon advise you on the appropriate treatment plan.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Dr. Marc Hirsch

In brief: Get MRI results

Mri's are very good at spotting problems in the knee.
Don't put off following up on the results. There may be an easily treatable problem that could turn into a disaster if you ignore it long enough. I know money can be tight, but i think this could be a good investment in your future health and happiness.

In brief: Get MRI results

Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery