How can I suggest to my doctor that Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) may be beneficial to me without coming across as someone who's just "seeking drugs"?

Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: Don't

Instead, talk about your symptoms and why you believe Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) can help you.

In brief: Don't

Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Be Straightforward

Let the doctor do the work.
Honestly describe your symptoms, answer her questions as best you can, take any tests she thinks are indicated. In the context you can say you think you have a condition that responds to Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) and see if she thinks that is so. If you feel like you are being blown off ask to see a psychiatrist who is expert in adhd.

In brief: Be Straightforward

Let the doctor do the work.
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy