Can I just use a brace to take my low back pain?

Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Depends
...On whether dangerous problems have been considered and ruled out.
Even if it's truly musculoskeletal, a brace may result in weakening muscles that are stabilizing you now. You should have a good eval first.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: See below
Some people use braces for their lower back pain and occasionally i will prescribe one.
However, this is not my first choice because it tends to make the muscles of the back and abdomen weaker. For me braces are usually I do when my other approaches have failed.

In brief: See below
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Possibly
However do not rely on that brace all the time as it will make your muscles weaker and you may make things worse.
Braces/supports are typically helpful in situations when you need to do activity.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Vikram Patel