Can a female who had bilateral pe's in her late20's take any type of HRT for menopause sympotms?Pes were a result of prolonged bedrest.

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: Complex question

Pulmonary emboli, especially bilateral, are potentially fatal.
I will presume you were rx with blood thinners (anticoagulants) for over a year when they occurred and haven't recurred and ur now peri menopausal. If you r speaking only of symptoms of menopause, i would say, definitely avoid hrt. Other non-risky medications (both otc and rx) can be effective rx for that problem.

In brief: Complex question

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Nancy Parry

Estrogen continues to be made from the fat cells and adrenal glands even after menopause so you need to be on natural Progesterone forever to balance the estrogen.
It stimulates the p53 gene to protect you from cancers. This will decrease your risk for pe's.

Dr. Nancy Parry
Dr. Nancy Parry
Dr. Adam Smith