When is whooping cough fatal for 12 year olds?

Complications. The cdc www.Cdc.Gov as recommended to give booster vaccines for pertussis in young adolescents, again in adulthood, even after the recommended pediatric dosages. Bortadella pertussis bacteria causes whooping cough and is treatable with antibiotics but complications can with other pneumonia dehydration-good supportive care with hydration and breathing medication helpful.
Rarely if ever. This could trigger death in a chronically ill 12 yo with CF /asthma or other debilitating illness. It tends to be fatal only in the first 6 months of life when the ids cough to the point of having strokes and dying. For most average 12 yo it would resemble a chronic bronchitis.