Can I use wrinkle cream for a scar?

Dr. Ram Kalus
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Probably not.
A wrinkle and a scar are very different and usually require different treatments.
A wrinkle is a fold that creates a shadow. A wrinkle cream usually will tighten the skin to make it smoother and less likely to from a shadow, which is what makes it noticeable. A scar can be visible due to shadow, texture, or color. A qualified plastic surgeon or dermatologist should be able to advise you.

In brief: Probably not.
Dr. Ram Kalus
Dr. Ram Kalus
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Silicone for scars
Depending on the age and condition of the scar, silicone treatments may help.
I use scar fade for most of my patients. Other products are available. For older scars, other treatments like peels, lasers, scar revisions, etc are available. Seek a knowledgable md.

In brief: Silicone for scars
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: May not help
Usually use of creams are of anti-inflammatory or soothing silicone gel types are used for scars.
Wrinkle cream are really grouped into dead cell removal and mild inflammatory stimulating (to get more dermal collagen)....Not very useful in scars.

In brief: May not help
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander