I had a total hip replacement 5 weeks ago and cannot walk or stand. Is that ok?

Dr. Robert Cusick
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Possibly not
Most hip replacements done today are set up to walk and stand on immediately after surgery.
While every patient recovers at a different rate, being unable to stand would be concerning to me as your surgeon. The soft tissues, your strength, and the stability of the components should be assessed by your surgeon. It may be something as simple as more physical therapy, which your doctor can order.

In brief: Possibly not
Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. John Dearborn
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Something is wrong
If you cannot walk or stand, literally, there is a problem. Have your doctor get an xray and tell you what is going on.

In brief: Something is wrong
Dr. John Dearborn
Dr. John Dearborn
Dr. Peter Kurzweil