How to determine if I have testicular cancer?

Find lump on exam. Before you can know, you are concerned about a lump on testicular self exam. Then you go see your doctor who does a complete physical exam and orders some tests. The confirmed diagnosis comes from the pathologist who makes the call by looking at the stained cells from the lump under a microscope. Those cells come from a biopsy of the lump. ?Make an appointment?
Variable. Different types of testicular cancers have different signs and symptoms. Some may cause a swelling of the testis, but others can spread to other organs in the body, without causing local symptoms. Unfortunately you may not know that you have testicular cancer before it spread in the body.
Scrotal exam for. Mass is the beginning, maybe an ultra-sound, and blood tests: Alpha -feto-protein (embryonal and yolk sac tumors) and HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) choriocarcinoma, germinoma, and teratoma. Seminoma may not produce either, and never afp. A biopsy proves. These occur in all ages, but especially young men, teens and twenties.