How much penicillin should I take for a tooth infection?

Do not self medicate. Or self diagnose. Please see your dentist for the appropriate medications and dosage instructions. Hope this helps.
Diagnosis. Is the key. Some infections are resistant to penicillin. You should see your md or dentist and be sure you can take penicillin for the infection and then see your dentist to treat the cause. Antibiotics only buy time, treatment is the cure and you run the risk of the penicillin not working the next time you need to take it. Having said all the above 500mg 4x/day.