What is a substitute for binges due to stress?

Therapy to deal w/it. Need to learn other, more healthful responses to stress. Binges, purges, smoking, alcohol and/or drug use as response to stress are counterproductive. Learned skill to come up with other response. Learn stress reduction techniques, or meditate, or exercise, etc. Behavioral/cognitive therapy can help. Hard to break old patterns, but often can be done.
Binge Eating. People who compulsively overeat, though, may use food as their only way of coping with negative emotions. As a result, they often feel that their eating is out of control. They think about food all the time and feel guilty, ashamed, or depressed after eating. Http://www. Webmd. Com/mental-health/eating-disorders/binge-eating-disorder/features/compulsive-overeating-and-how-to-stop-it.