What is premature ejaculation?

Not defined. There is no "time until ejaculation" below which defines premature ejaculation. Many men are happy with 2 minutes. Some men aren't happy with 30 minutes. In general, premature ejaculation may be "diagnosed" when one's "time until ejaculation" 1) causes very considerable distress, and 2) is well below the population norm (whatever that is).
Before you want it. From a practical point of view, if you ejaculate before you or your partner wants you to ejaculate, then it is premature. For me, having a single orgasm will most likely delay the onset of a second orgasm.