Any psychotherapy self-help books?

Dr. Robert Thilo

In brief: What context?

If psychotherapy is a process between a therapist and someone seeking help, "self-help" seems to be contradictory.
While a book may give valuable information, the feedback given in therapy seems much more germane. A prominent tenet of therapy is that "self can't see self". Have an experience of real psychotherapy. Don't sell yourself short! you are worth more than that!

In brief: What context?

Dr. Robert Thilo
Dr. Robert Thilo
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Try mine

the Wake Up and Dream Challenge available on Amazon.
It is based on years of work with clients helping them to accomplish their dreams and aspirations. Let me know what you think and how it helps you!

In brief: Try mine

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Mari Terzaghi
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Self-help

Numerous volumes are available on line and on bookshelves.
Self-help by definition means restricted to being subjective and to the conscious mind. These forms of self-help can be considered as cognitive treatment.

In brief: Self-help

Dr. Mari Terzaghi
Dr. Mari Terzaghi
Dr. Richard Levenson
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Self-help books

I'd avoid them; they teach more about symptoms and what is wrong than how to go about improving.
Improvement is very person-specific, which is why a therapeutic relationship is critical to an individual's own situation.

In brief: Self-help books

Dr. Richard Levenson
Dr. Richard Levenson
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

There are many self-help psychotherapy books available.
Go to Amazon.com and search for self help books. Or you can go to your local Barnes and Noble bookstore and search for psychotherapy self help books there as well. I suggest the books, while helpful, can only go so far and do not serve as an adequate substitute for psychotherapy that is done in person.

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry