Took prozac (fluoxetine). Will I have a child with birth defects?

Prozac (fluoxetine) Medications like Prozac (fluoxetine) are part of the family of ssri medications. They have been studied extensively and are not believed to cause birth defects. Their use in the third trimester of pregnancy has been associated with newborn jitteryness. Your pediatrician should be made aware of this drug exposure to watch your newborn carefully for these potential problems. No exposure in 3rd tri is helpful.
No increased risk. There is a baseline of birthdefects for any pregnancy. There is no evidence that this risk is increased with ssri antidepressants like prozac. Lawyers scare ads have targeted the most popular antidepressants such as Prozac and zoloft (sertraline) because these have the most safety infomation so mds have used them most in pregnancy. Any risk of taking med must be compared to risk of depression not taking it.