What does nail fungus infection look like?

Nail fungus. A common description of nail fungus is that the nail becomes either yellow or white. There can be separation from the nail and the underlying nailbed as well as thickening of the nails overall.
Thick, yellow. Nail fungus caused the nail to become thickened, yellowed, and brittle with flaky yellow/white debris that builds up beneath the nail. It often causes the shape of the nail to become deformed, resulting in ingrown toenails. Treatments include topical medications for early stages of infection, oral medication and the newest line of treatment - laser fungus treatment. See your podiatrist.
Discoloration. The nail is disclosed white or darker in color and can be thickened and flaky.