Should I return to typing after endoscopic carpal tunnel release?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Yes with modificatio
Yes but with workplace modifications such as ergonomic chair and devices including chair and supports providing shoulder, elbow and wrist positioning.

In brief: Yes with modificatio
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Surgery - Hand Surgery
The pressure on the nerve is relieved after performing the carpal tunnel surgery.
This pressure inside the carpal tunnel is returned to a normal level and any increase in activity does not cause the symptoms of numbness and pain as when the pressure was elevated.

Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Dr. Peter Ihle
But B sure 2 clear it with Ur surgeon.
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Sure
After carpal tunnel release it is safe to fully move your fingers and use as tolerated.
Depending on the amount of swelling and pain you experience you may need to limit the amount of time you type and take breaks to elevate your hand.

In brief: Sure
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery
In brief: 3 weeks
Usually about 3 weeks after surgery.

In brief: 3 weeks
Usually about 3 weeks after surgery.
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Best to always ask your chosen operative surgeon...
Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery
Once the transverse carpal ligament is released during endoscopic carpal tunnel release, the symptoms of numbness and tingling are permantly resolved.
After complete healing, one should be able to resume all activities.

Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Patrick Schaner
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Yes.
You may gradually return to your daily activities.
I typically have no restrictions by on month. Light activity like typing can be done within days of your surgery. Let your body be your guide. If it is hurting, slow down. I hope that helps.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Patrick Schaner
Dr. Patrick Schaner
Dr. Eon Shin
Orthopedic Surgery
It is safe to type, write, and drive one day after surgery with either endoscopic or open carpal tunnel surgery.

Dr. Eon Shin
Dr. Eon Shin
Dr. Randy Hauck
Surgery - Hand Surgery
There is no evidence that typiong causes carpal tunnel syndrome.
Just be sure that your posture and position of your shoulders, elbows and wrists are comfortable..

Dr. Randy Hauck
Dr. Randy Hauck
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery
When your docs says you can.
You should be able to return to that activity within a few weeks after surgery. I will usually let my pateints hunt and peck right away, production typing i will wait longer.

When your docs says you can.
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Eric Weisman