2 months slight dry cough. Ex smoker for 14 yrs. 2xrays.Bloods all fine. Seen thoratic specialist. Suspect asthma. Could it be lung cancer. ?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Congratulations on

Quitting. I'm an ex-smoker off for 30 years.
Relapsed many times before finally ditched them for good. You might see a pulmonary specialists to probe the cause of your cough, review your x-rays, and consider pulmonary function tests. It would establish a post-smoking baseline, but could reveal copd, asthma, other lung or heart ailment or that all is well. Highly unlikely that you have lung ca.

In brief: Congratulations on

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Very common for smokers to have dry cough for up to 6 months after quitting smoking
Dr. David Martin
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Cough

With two normal chest x-rays, the chance of lung cancer is quite remote.
Asthma is much more likely. Keep following up with your doctor.

In brief: Cough

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine