Is chest XR best test for how you dealing with lung cancer?

No. Cxr is not very sensitive. The best test for screening is low dose ct scan. Best staging tests are ct scan and pet scan.
NO. A cat scan of the thorax is the best tool to identify small lung nodules. The diagnosis of cancer is made by a pathologist upon microscopic examination. As far as needle biopsy of a lung nodule is concerned, unless the biopsy is read as a cancer, a negative needle biopsy for cancer in a lung nodule does not rule out a lung cancer. Therefore a larger amount of tissue is often needed to establish dx.
No. Agree with dr. Cooke and others, chest x-ray is not very sensitive. Best choice for lung cancer screening in appropriate candidates is low dose ct scan. For best clinical staging, a combination of ct scan and pet scan and mediastinal node sampling (i.e. Bronchoscopic or medianstinoscopy). Surveillance during or after therapy is protocol driven with use of ct scans; other modalities if indicated.
No. A ct scan of the chest is the usual test that is done to determine the progression or regression of the cancer based on a measurement of the size of the cancer. These measurements are best done using ct scan images.
CT scan. There are now recommendations for lung cancer screening. However, screening should only be used in appropriate candidates. Http://goo. Gl/oqvsp.