Im dying of starvation. 6 days after my wisdom teeth surgery. I don't want s dry socket. What do I eat?!?!?

In brief: Mangia !

Go ahead and eat.
.. There was no need to starve yourself, just the use of common sense, like not disturbing the wound. At this stage you are probably well past the danger period, so go ahead and eat.

In brief: Mangia !

Go ahead and eat.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
2 comments
Dr. Jeffrey Krantz
at this point six days post op, minimally you can have soup and soft foods even if you are still swollen. THERE is no reason you should be not eating at this point. IF YOU ARE STILL IN PAIN, go back and see the Oral Surgeon or dentist who performed the procedure
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
You need good nutrition to heal well. You need to eat.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Almost anything

I think you are too concerned about getting a dry socket.
You are well past the time period when patients develop a dry socket. Smoking and initial rinsing were the most important initial things to avoid. You should be able to eat almost anything you want at this point. Obviously some common sense is warranted.

In brief: Almost anything

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Glenn MacFarlane
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: EAT!!!!

I'm sure the surgeon did not tell you that you could not eat.
After 6 days there should be enough closure over the socket sites to eat filet mignon. Go treat yourself!

In brief: EAT!!!!

Dr. Glenn MacFarlane
Dr. Glenn MacFarlane
Dr. James Donley
Dentistry

In brief: Almost anything

Dry socket is usually caused by a loss of the blood clot the first day or two.
They develop about the third or fourth day. There is almost no chance of a dry socket now. I would avoid hard things like chips for another week.

In brief: Almost anything

Dr. James Donley
Dr. James Donley
Dr. Adam Smith