How can I whiten my teeth and not my crown ?

Dr. David Duguid
Dentistry

In brief: Tooth whitening

Your porcelain crown won't change color. If your crown is whiter than your teeth, just ask your dentist about whitening options for your natural teeth.
They will get lighter and the crown will stay the same. Good luck!

In brief: Tooth whitening

Dr. David Duguid
Dr. David Duguid
Dr. Raphael Peralta

In brief: Brush ur teeth

Brush teeth regularly.

In brief: Brush ur teeth

Brush teeth regularly.
Dr. Raphael Peralta
Dr. Raphael Peralta
Dr. Jake Richards
Your crown will not whiten with traditional whiteing materials so OTC or productys from your dentist will work
Dr. Ahmad Eslami
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Tooth Whitening

Whitening works only on natural teeth and not on artificial crowns.
So when one is about to get a crown its best to whiten the teeth and make the new crown to match the color the teeth after they are whitened. Then maintain healthy and clean teeth by doing good home care. Regular dental visits and cleanings can help keeping teeth clean and healthy hopefully for life.

In brief: Tooth Whitening

Dr. Ahmad Eslami
Dr. Ahmad Eslami
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dentistry

In brief: Porcelain Crowns

Unfortunately porcelain teeth do not whiten.
The reason we are able to whiten teeth is because they have pores that absorbe the stains of food, coffee, tobacco, etc. We use strong peroxides to flush the stains absorved by teeth to return them to their natural enamel color. Porcelain teeth are not porous and will remain at the original color the crown was made regardless how much you bleach.

In brief: Porcelain Crowns

Dr. Abel Loredo
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dr. Cindy Juster