What are remedies for constipation?

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Fiber and water
First, drink enough water, at least 64 oz/day.
Decrease your caffeine and alcohol intake- they both pull fluid out of the GI tract and into the urinary system. Eat plenty of fiber in vegetables and fruits. Add in a fiber supplement, like metamucil, daily. If this doesn't work see your doctor- many medications cause constipation as a side effect.

In brief: Fiber and water
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Lonna Larsh
In brief: Fruits/veggies
I too vote for fiber and water. Eat a lot of vegetables and fruit.
I mean like 15 servings a day. If you try eating vegan for a week, i bet your constipation will be resolved.

In brief: Fruits/veggies
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh
In brief: Fluids and fiber
Drink lots of water (not caffeine or sugared drinks) and eat more fiber (fruits, vegetables, whole grains).
Try a fiber supplement if needed. Get into the habit of sitting on the toilet for a while after eating, when the natural reflex allows you to relax and move your bowels. Avoid straining. If it persists, see your doctor.

In brief: Fluids and fiber
Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER
Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER