What can I do if my local context is not supportive of breastfeeding?

In brief: Do what you feel...
...Is right.
Breastfeeding is done for the benefit of the child, not to please other people in your "local context.".

In brief: Do what you feel...
...Is right.
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
In brief: Breastfeeding
Education is an essential component of successful breastfeeding.
Exclusive breastfeeding is sufficient to support optimal growth and development for the first 6 months of life and provides continuing protection against diarrhea and respiratory infections. Recognize the possible effect of cultural diversity around your cycles on breastfeeding attitudes and educate them!

In brief: Breastfeeding
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Patricia Vuguin