Can I use a tampon during genital herpes outbreak. Pads are causing severe pain as they rub against the sores.

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Your Body

You do not need any one's permission, even a doctor's permission to use tampons.
You should use whatever works best for you or feels best. I am very sorry to hear of your outbreaks and would hope you are on medication to lessen this pain. But, yes, by all means use the product best for you.

In brief: Your Body

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Liawaty Ho
if you have frequent outbreaks- you should really consider about taking anti viral medicine maintenance for prophylaxis/prevention.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham