What is the best of these three drugs for schizo paranoid; chlorpromazine, risperidone, divalproex..

In brief: Different meds

Each person is different.
Chlorpromazine (thorazine) is in a class of antipsychotic medications called neuroleptics. For some people with psychotic disorders it is just the right medication. However, i believe that most psychiatrists would want a trial of a newer class of medication called atypical antipsychotics first (side effect profile & effect on negative symptoms of schizophrenia). >>.

In brief: Different meds

Each person is different.
Risperidone falls into the newer class. Divalproex or Valproic Acid is often used for mood disorders. If I was to start a trial on an unknown patient with paranoid schizophrenia - I would likely start out with a trial of risperidone (if given an option among these three medications).
Dr. Eric Weisman