If a child is injured and the physician is uncertain of whether the injury is physical child abuse, should social service be called?

Dr. Mark Diamond
The risk of missing a serious, potentially life threatening case of child abuse outweighs, in my opinion, the embarressment and aggravation of an innocent family being investigated.

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Martin Raff
In many states it is against the law for a physician not to report any suspected case of child abuse, and doctors have been prosecuted for not doing so.
Dr. John Moranville
Anytime a physician, other health professional, teacher, or anyone working with children observes an injury they suspect may be the result of child abuse, they are legally obligated to report to social services.

Dr. John Moranville
Dr. John Moranville
Dr. Cindy Juster