Its been 5 days 0r 140 hours since my wisdom tooth surgery. Should my gums be healed yet? And can I eat whatever i want? Will i get dry socket?

Dr. Leon F. Gerard
Dentistry

In brief: No

No, ur gums r not healed yet it will still take a couple more wks at least.
No, u should still try to keep a softer diet and stay away fr the surg areas and keep rinsing with warm salt water gently. No, if u haven't gotten a dry socket yet ur not likely to: the symptoms usually start ~3-4 days postop. The surgeon should have scheduled u to return for PO chk in 7 days - do this!

In brief: No

Dr. Kini Tran
Dentistry

In brief: No more dry socket

Hi, your blood clot has been stabilizing and now you can eat more of a normal diet, rather than the soft diet for the first week.
Most of the healing occurs in 6-8 weeks with bone growth. You shoukd not get a dry socket as long as you eat on the opposite side and leave the area alone. Make sure that no food gets stuck in the socket. U can clean the area by gently irrigating with a water syringe.

In brief: No more dry socket

Dr. Steven Seres