Where would I go for getting botox for migraines?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Pain specialist
A pain specialist or neurologist can help you with that.

In brief: Pain specialist
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
2 comments
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Some plastic surgeons, like myself, also perform Botox injections for migraines. If you are on 2 or more anti migraine medications and have migraines more than 15 days out of the month, then you are a candidate for botox injections for migraines and insurance can pay for them.
Dr. Joseph Campanelli
Check with your insurer first. Some restrict payment by specialty so it would be covered if done by a neurologist but not if done by a plastic surgeon.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Headache Doctor
Usually headache specialists are Neurologists and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation doctors, however many doctors may have gotten special training to do these injections.
I would consider making sure with Allergan company to see who has gotten trained to be giving these injections. Often you want someone that does these a lot to be giving you the injections.

In brief: Headache Doctor
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Migraine botox
Neurologists usually perform the Botox injections indicated for migraine as they specialize in headaches, particularly the ones which your family doctor cannot successfully treat.
You should enlist the help of your family doctor to get to the right doctor. If you don't have one, your county medical society may be able to help.

In brief: Migraine botox
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
In brief: Allergan-Botox site
I would advise finding a neurologist or pain specialist who is experienced in not only injecting Botox but also in diagnosing headaches.
You can find a local headache specialist who injects Botox at http://www.Botoxchronicmigraine.Com/find-botox-specialist/.

In brief: Allergan-Botox site
Dr. Alexander Mauskop
Dr. Alexander Mauskop
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Neurologist usually
A cosmetic Botox md might be able to treat you, but you would have to pay out of pocket.
Neurologists are the ones in my area that can do Botox injections for migraines (and get insurance coverage).

In brief: Neurologist usually
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Roxanne Sylora
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Experienced Physicia
Botox for migraines can be treated by a number of different types of physicians.
It may or may not be covered by your insurance. There are a few different thoughts as to why Botox may help with migraines, but many people experience relief or lessened migraines when treated with botox. It is best to seek out a physician who is experienced in administering Botox for this reason.

In brief: Experienced Physicia
Dr. Roxanne Sylora
Dr. Roxanne Sylora
Dr. George Arcos
Pain Management
In brief: Pain mgt, neurology
You can receive Botox for migraines from a board-certified pain management specialist, neurologist, or plastic surgeon.
Call their office to see if they offer this therapy.

In brief: Pain mgt, neurology
Dr. George Arcos
Dr. George Arcos
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Search
Dr. Frank agullo some plastic surgeons, like myself, also perform Botox injections for migraines.
If you are on 2 or more anti migraine medications and have migraines more than 15 days out of the month, then you are a candidate for Botox injections for migraines and insurance can pay for them.

In brief: Search
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Try neuro first
I would try a neurologist first.

In brief: Try neuro first
I would try a neurologist first.
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Jason Hall
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Neuro or pain mgmt
The first thing you need to do is make sure your headaches are true migraines.
A headache specialist is the best person for this. Seek out an experienced neurologist, headache specialist, or pain management doctor for the injections - success depends on proper injection placement. Plastic surgeons can get the same effect, but can not obtain insurance coverage for the drug (which is expensive).

In brief: Neuro or pain mgmt
Dr. Jason Hall
Dr. Jason Hall
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Migraine for Botox
I would advise finding an experienced neurologist , not a spa or salon or even a general practitioner.

In brief: Migraine for Botox
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Dr. Vikram Patel