Can bone biopsy diagnose cancer?

Usually a bone. Biopsy is done on a a bone with a symptom (pain) and an x-ray abnormalitity (dissolved bone. Lytic; sclerotic, bone, blastic) indicating metastasis or fracture. The biopsy can obtain tissue if the source is occult. A bone marrow biopsy is done to assess anemia, look for leukemia, and sometimes another marrow disorder.
Yes. If the cancer is in the bone, a biopsy of the lesion can provide the diagnosis. Not exactly bone biopsy, but bone marrow biopsy can diagnose any caner that may have spread to the bone.