Is it safe to drain a pilonidal cyst yourself?

No. Without proper medical training you may worsen the situation or further injure yourself. Also it would be nearly impossible for a person to see that area properly & be able to perform incision & drainage & wound packing under sterile conditions.
Risky. . Surgery is done in a sterile setting with skin preps that kill bacteria and fungi to prevent the introduction of infection. Even if your cyst is alrdy infected you could introduce something nastier. And draining is only temporary. Ideally you need the cyst and any sinuses cut out and removed. If it ruptures at home u might b able to hold off surgery with abx for a while. But eventually it's back.