How to get rid of athlete's foot forever?

Impractical. Fungi causing athlete's are ubiquitous and it is possible to get re-infected after eliminating the infection with medication. You may need to repeat treatment and keep your environment as free of fungi as possible.
No guarantee. There are things you can do to make it less likely to recur, like keeping your feet dry as much as possible, letting shoes dry out for at least a day before wearing them again, use an antifungal powder and/or cream, and using an antiperspirant, like prescription drysol, to reduce sweating.