How does a 37 year old die of alzheimer's disease?

In brief: Sounds odd

Alzheimers is a pre-senile dementia.
However, there are many causes of dementia. Perhaps it was one of these other causes, but to simplify, they used the term "alzheimer's" since it is more easily understood than some of the other types. Hope that helps.

In brief: Sounds odd

Alzheimers is a pre-senile dementia.
Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: Though we think

Of alzheimer's as a disease of old age, there is an early onset form that strikes people in their 30's and 40's.
I am so sorry for your loss.

In brief: Though we think

I am so sorry for your loss.
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Pathology

In brief: Very unlikely

Why do you ask? Do you know of a 37-year old who died of alzheimer'? Alzheimer's rarely occurs before the age of 50.
People with alzheimer's die of progressive loss of central nervous system function and related complications, e.g., pneumonia.

In brief: Very unlikely