How do I get rid of acne and acne scars, after age 20?

Dr. Mark Labowe
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Can be improved

It is not possible to "erase" acne scars.
A careful examination is necessary, and a treatment plan can be developed. Some scars may warrant excisional revision, others may be approached with dermabrasion. For active acne, treatment by a dermatologist is suggested--possibly using accutane.

In brief: Can be improved

Dr. Mark Labowe
Dr. Mark Labowe
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Multiple

You'll need to invest in high quality, physician grade skin care products.
Chemical peels, lasers, radio frequency treatments, and dermaroller treatments can improve the scarring.

In brief: Multiple

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. David Hopp
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Topicals,lasers,diet

Adult acne is responsive to specific laser treatments, consistent use of calming cleansers and topicals tailored to either exfoliation or antimicrobial.
Additionally the concept of nutrition and vitamins including the use of specific probiotics have reduced episodes and severity. Scarring is easily and effectively treated with lasers and fat grafting.

In brief: Topicals,lasers,diet

Dr. David Hopp
Dr. David Hopp
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Acne scars

There are a number of treatments often used to remove or diminish acne scars.
In my opinion the treatment of choice is non-ablative laser treatment or fractional lasers. They are generally very effective with little downtime.

In brief: Acne scars

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher