Doing acupuncture for the 1st time within the next 3 weeks to help my depression problem. Is it a long term effective treatment for depression?

Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Not complete

Acupuncture may help with some of the symptoms of depression and can be a part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
The good thing about it is that there are no side effects. As you feel better, if you find it helpful, you may opt to have booster treatments.

In brief: Not complete

Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Alvin Stein
Pain Management

In brief: Placebo effect is

Present in the treatment of depression by any means in 30 to 45% of patients so it is difficult to attribute and benefit other that placebo in most cases of depression.
, but there is a treatment that has near 100% effectiveness . Neurotransmitter balancing. Visit www.Neuroscicencemyths.Com for information about depression and Amino Acid treatment to balance neurotranmitters. Also find a doctor.

In brief: Placebo effect is

Dr. Alvin Stein
Dr. Alvin Stein
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Clinical Psychology

In brief: May help

Acupuncture can help.
If you've exhausted other treatments, therapies, medications, and now deep brain stimulation, then acupuncture, by a skilled acupuncturist who has some knowledge of depression and mental health issues may help. Good luck. Feel free to respond and let me know how it goes.

In brief: May help

Acupuncture can help.
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. Eric Weisman