How long before I see a visible result from using my acne medications?

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Depends

Usually two weeks at the minimum if your are very particular about doing all the treatments consistently.
Also depends on the severity of the acne, when you started and which treatment or treatments you use. It can take many months at times to slow down acne.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dr. Enriquez is certainly correct. It depends on the type of acne you have and what exactly you are using. I would agree that a bare minimum of 2 weeks but often 6-8 weeks are necessary to determine if your treatment is going to work. try to be patient and remember, no medicine will work if it isn't used. Sounds silly but it is the truth.
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: Acne Results

It will not be better by 5 o'clock in the afternoon! how severe is it? How long have you had it? Where is it located? Face? Chest? Back? Are you taking an antibiotic? Which topical preparations are you using? Lots of variables here.
A dermatologist can certainly help . . .Give him or her a shot at it.

In brief: Acne Results

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Adam Smith