I read about lip lifts. Every method leaves some visible scars, right?

Dr. Hashim Alani
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Lip lift may be done

Lip lift may be done without scarring using fillers , like hyaluronic acid products.

In brief: Lip lift may be done

Dr. Hashim Alani
Dr. Hashim Alani
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Lip Lift Scar

Any surgery will make a 'scar'.
However, the important issue is how big the scar is, where it is placed, and how likely it is to fade. In the case of a lip lift, i place a small incision at the base of the nose in order to lift a small amount of skin. This scar is well hidden and does fade. I have performed >100 lip lifts in the past 10 years and the scar always fades to nearly invisible.

In brief: Lip Lift Scar

Any surgery will make a 'scar'.
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Renee Burke
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Lip fillers

In addition to fillers placed in the lips that dissolve over time, the use of fat from other parts of your body can be used to enhance your lips.
While this is a more permanent solution, not all of the fat "takes" on the first try and a repeat procedure may be necessary.

In brief: Lip fillers

Dr. Renee Burke
Dr. Renee Burke
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Maybe

There are different means of rejuvenating the lips.
"lip lift" is a term which could be applied to different techniques. There are many of ways of augmenting and rejuvenating the lips. Some can leave a scar, but in no cases should the scar be prominent or bothersome. Discuss your appearance with a facial plastic surgeon to get recommendations specific to your appearance.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. David Silberman
Surgery - Plastics

There are different methods of lip lifts and some can hide scars.
Often improvement can be obtained with volume increase with a filler which will not create scarring. You are welcom to schedule a free and comprehensive cosmetic consultation by calling the office at 215-348-3415. For more information please go to www.Silbermanmd.Com. Thank you for your interest. Dr. Silberman.

Dr. David Silberman
Dr. David Silberman
Dr. Robert Schnarrs
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No true

I choose for my patients to try filler first if they like the look then 6-8 months later I use cartridge from behind their ear very good results.

In brief: No true

Dr. Robert Schnarrs
Dr. Robert Schnarrs
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes but concealed?

Yes you will have scars.
In most instances we attempt to conceal the scars in existing creases or landmarks but it depends on the individuals healing temndencies as well. See examples by pasting the following link: http://www.Bodysculptor.Com/facial-surgery-chicago/lip-lift/.

In brief: Yes but concealed?

Yes you will have scars.
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Robert Schnarrs
Lips can be done several ways I will use fillers on some patients that want permanent I use cartridge from. Behind the ear beautiful results